Biometrics Ltd EMG sensors and systems have been extensively researched and developed over a number of years incorporating the latest design principles and technologies.
The result is a versatile, state of the art range of EMG products which are reliable, accurate and easy to use.
Analysis Software HelpThe NEW version 8.51 Biometrics Analysis software comes with a comprehensive Help menu that may be used as a tutorial to use both the hardware and software.
The Biometrics Analysis software is one of the most powerful yet cost effective EMG display and analysis software tools available. The software is purposefully NOT sold in modules but as one complete package to give the user a complete product at a price that is below most basic entry packages of other commercial products.
This is truly a cost effective high quality display and analysis software package offering the user exceptional value for money and ease of use.
Graphs show EMG activity of the extensor muscle during active range of motion of the MCP joint working against gravity. (Note that this trace shows the raw EMG data collected with no filtering applied.)
Summary of Main Features
- Transfer data to memory for display, analysis and saving
- Open an unlimited number of data files with the option to track the time axis across all files allowing display and analysis for a large number of channels
- Waveform display in multiple windows and formats with full zoom, scroll and area marking facilities, option to split, tile and cascade windows
- Link multiple files together to synchronize data from multiple units
- Engineering units with custom scaling ability on all traces independently
- Each recorded file is both time and date stamped
- Independent upper and lower alarm levels both audible and visual
- File save, load and export facilities with many files simultaneously
- Graphs and Results may be pasted into other Window applications such as Microsoft Office
- Comprehensive filtering (see below)
- Power Spectrum
- X-Y graphs
- Multiple traces per window
- Unlimited number of windows
- Markers – time and/or Y axis
- Paste the graph and graph key to clipboard
- Full trace management (change line width, colour, background colour etc.)
- Export as ASCII or Wave file
- Calculations:- minimum, maximum, mean, no. of excursions, no. of repetitions, auto Y2 - Y1 calculation
- median frequency
- mean frequency
- Power Spectrum Graph (linear and logarithmic)
- FFT high pass filters:- remove DC, remove very low frequencies
- FFT window functions:
- Rectangle / Flat top
- Triangle / Bartlett
- Blackmann standard
- Blackman Opt
As soon as a file is opened it is displayed as a raw EMG file and may then be subject to any or all of the features listed above. The data may be left as a whole or truncated into smaller files of specific data for further analysis. Of course not only EMG data may be displayed at any one time. The Y axis may be labelled with any units governed by what sensors where connected at the time of recording, e.g. Kg or lbs for force or degrees for limb movement. These units are then saved with the file and automatically compute every time the file is reopened.
The digital inputs are displayed on a separate graph to the analog inputs. Using this facility toe contact and heel off may be obtained using the contact switch assembly type no. FS4.
Surface EMG Specifications
|Surface EMG Electrode SX230-1000||SX230FW Surface EMG Amplifier|
|Electrodes||Integral dry reusable||Two 4mm snap connectors on 100mm wires use with
reusable or disposable SEMG electrodes with 4mm snap
|Gain||Standard unit 1000 (100 also available)|
|Bandwidth||20Hz – 460Hz|
|Input Impedance||> 10,000,000 M Ohms|
|Supply Voltage||+3.50 to +5.5 Vdc|
|CMRR @ 60Hz (dB)||> 96dB (typically 110dB)|
|Cable||Highly flexible grade, length 1.25m (custom lengths on request)|
|Plug||Direct connection to DataLOG , DataLINK or K800|
|Mass||5g (excluding cable and plug)||12g (excluding cable and plug)|
|Electrostatic Discharge Circuit protected|
Biometrics Ltd EMG sensors, instrumentation, and software are designed with maximum versatility in mind:
- up to 24 channels of EMG data display, collection, and analysis
- adjustable sensitivity with full scales of 0-3mV, 0-1mV, or 0-300µV
- user selectable sampling frequency set per channel up to 20kHz per channel, with total sequential sampling frequency of 160KHz per DataLOG
- easily combine EMG data with other sensors such as goniometers and forceplates – Biometrics Ltd instruments are general purpose devices with each channel individually configurable for a variety of sensors
- collect data real-time to the computer (or other data acquisition system) or store on Micro SD cards for later download and analysis
- comprehensive Analysis software with real-time display and analysis
- readily synchronize EMG data with other systems/software
- input and output triggers for record start/stop
- event markers for optical synchronization
- analogue output cable to send data real-time as it is collected to other systems
- DLL dynamic link library streams data real time as it is collected to third party software, for example LabView or video motion analysis system software
- differential sensor with the highest input impedance in the industry minimizes noise to signal ratio providing superb signal detection
- integral electrodes with fixed inter-electrode distance give consistent high quality results
- set high and/or low thresholds per channel with audible and visual alarms for biofeedback
|Cable||Highly flexible grade, length 1.25 m||Highly flexible grade, length 2 m|
|Application||Connection to disposable electrodes
using a 2mm spring plug
|Connection to reusable or disposable
SEMG electrodes with 4mm snap
Application Tape T350
Double sided medical grade, Die cut for ease of application (350 pieces per pack).
SEN3001 Surface EMG Electrodes
Single patient/subject use. Multiple reapplications (20 packs of 6 electrodes).