Upper Extremity - Exercise
For the spinal injury patient, exercise can begin where there is very little or even no visible joint movement by using the unique Myo-EX. The sensor excitingly detects very small flickers of muscular activity and using surface EMG, provides immediate biofeedback to the patient through the visual movement of objects in the Activity. In order to score in the Activity the patient is encouraged for instance to match colors or hit a football against a wall. In turn the patient is then focusing on a smooth, efficient and co-ordinated movement to achieve the Activity rather than recruiting possible unnecessary compensatory movements.
- Myo-EX is ideal for wrist and elbow exercise, focused exercise on the shoulder musculature, and has even been used with certain facial muscles
- Biofeedback is immediate providing a high degree of motivation for exercise
- The precision sensor is designed to give superb quality of signal and can detect as little as 3-4 microvolts of electrical activity
- Full scale reaches up to 3000 microvolts for working with larger deltoid or bicep muscles
- The Myo-EX sensor is quick and easy to apply, with little to no skin preparation, ideal for even using in a busy therapy group situation